It’s my birthday today!
Currently I’m in London celebrating yet another year of life. Living my best life; exploring, eating and enjoying a drink or two. Tho, no lager for me. I ain’t about that life. But you best believe that I’m super excited to be here, even if it isn’t a bounty vacay like I wanted in the first place. I’m still grateful to be here.
Whenever I reach my birthday, a particular feeling of gratitude overcomes me. Because tbh, I tend to take days for granted. I tend to forget that every day is a gift and that it’s not guaranteed. Getting to experience another birthday is not a sure thing. There are so many people who don’t get to see my age.
Yet, here I am and in London. Ticking off another place I wanted to visit off my bucket list. Feeling ever so blessed. Which is why I want to share my 8 affirmations of gratitude with you.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow.
– Melody Beattie
1. I am glad to see another day.
2. I am very grateful to be where I am in my life.
3. I am thankful to have gotten this far.
4. I am grateful for my now and excited for where I’m going.
5. I am appreciative for the strength that was given to me to make it till today.
6. All that has happened was for a reason and I’m thankful for the experiences.
7. I am thankful for the guidance and support along the way.
8. I am happy for getting another chance at making my dreams come true.
Which of these affirmations resonate with you most?